Virginia Department of Health (VDH) ADAP can help pay for HIV medications several ways.
- Direct ADAP furnishes medications only to clients
- Insurance assistance programs cover some premium payments and medications:
- Medicare Part D Assistance Program (MPAP)
- Insurance Continuation Assistance Program (ICAP)
- Health Insurance Marketplace Assistance Program (HIMAP)
HIMAP will pay both medication costs and health insurance premiums for eligible individuals enrolled in VDH approved Affordable Care Act plans. Those who enroll in insurance without first enrolling in ADAP may not be eligible for ADAP support.
Learn more at www.vdh.virginia.gov/ADAP
Or call the Medication Assistance Hotline: 1 (855) 362-0658