- Environmental Programs and Projects
- Coastal Program Projects and Resources
- Stormwater Retrofit Workshop
Stormwater Retrofit Workshops
Soak It Up: Stormwater Solutions for Homeowners
This workshop included an overview of many practices to help manage runoff on your property, including rain gardens, dry wells, conservation landscaping, and pervious pavers. Information on local incentive programs will be provided as well. Free.
Date and Location
February 2, 2019
Mason District Government Center
6507 Columbia Pike
Annandale, VA 22003
Presentations and Additional Information
The presentations from this workshop can be downloaded here:
Arlington County Contractor list
How To Do An Infiltration test
A Chesapeake Bay Stormwater Training Partnership Workshop
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
FREE--Space is Limited
Fairfax County Government Center
12000 Government Center Parkway
Fairfax, VA 22035
Several drivers, including the Chesapeake Bay TMDL and MS4 permit requirements, are increasing the demand for stormwater retrofitting as a tool for reducing urban runoff and pollution. Stormwater retrofitting has emerged as one of the solutions to mitigate the impact of un-managed runoff from developed areas as well as to provide better water quality treatment in older stormwater structures, such as detention ponds.
This free workshop is for practitioners with at least a basic understanding of stormwater management design and with an interest in learning more about the nuts and bolts of stormwater retrofitting. The two-day program will include a mix of lecture, discussion, small group exercises, and field activities. We encourage you to bring your laptops for the design exercise portion of the workshop. The focus of this training is on how to locate and prioritize retrofit opportunities in developed areas, through field investigations and concept drawings. We will cover retrofitting streets, existing stormwater basins, public lands, and other topics.
Workshop space is limited, please pre-register by Wednesday, April 24, 2013. For more information, please email Normand Goulet or Corey Miles
About the Chesapeake Bay Stormwater Training Partnership
- The Chesapeake Bay Stormwater Training Partnership is a training program for stormwater management professionals created by the Chesapeake Stormwater Network and the Center for Watershed Protection. It is sponsored by the National Fish and Wildlife Foundation’s Chesapeake Bay Stewardship Fund. Fairfax County, Northern Virginia Soil and Water Conservation District and the Northern Virginia Regional Commission are providing logistical support for the workshop.
- The Chesapeake Stormwater Network (CSN) is an organization whose mission is to improve on the ground implementation of more sustainable stormwater management and environmental site design practices in each of 1300 communities and seven states in the Chesapeake Bay Watershed. The Network is coordinated by Tom Schueler and Cecilia Lane and is located in Ellicott City, MD.
- Since 1992, the Center for Watershed Protection (CWP) has been working in numerous communities to provide solutions for clean water and healthy natural resources. Their work is based on sound scientific research and guided by a passion for advancing the state-of-the art, ensuring practitioners have the right tools, and promoting the widespread implementation of the most effective watershed management techniques.