NVRC operates the HIV Resources Project, a website featuring:
- housing resources
- information on HOPWA services
- limited telephone consultation at 703-642-0700
- Homestretch, Inc. offers two, two-bedroom units of transitional housing with support services. Program duration is two years
Vacancies are filled through the Regional HOPWA Waiting List. Please contact the HIV Resources Specialist either by phone (703-642-4638) or by email to Tylee Smith (email@example.com)
Homestretch receives partial operating support for these two units.
Tenant-Based Rental Assistance
Three organizations provide nearly 80 households with tenant-based rental assistance:
- Arlington County DHS/Section 8 Housing serves Arlington residents
- Fredericksburg Area HIV/AIDS Support Services serves residents in City of Fredericksburg, towns Culpeper, Warrenton, Remington, Orange, Madison and Gordonsville. Counties of Culpeper, Fauquier, Madison, Orange Rappahannock, Caroline, King George, Spotsylvania and Stafford. Westmoreland County for HOPWA only
- Northern Virginia Family Service serves residents throughout suburban Virginia
- Prince William Housing & Community Development serves residents of Manassas, Manassas Park, and Prince William County
Program duration is unlimited as long as residents remain HOPWA-eligible and adhere to program requirements. Vacancies are filled through the Regional HOPWA Waiting List.
Security deposits and first month’s rent are also funded out of this category through a program operated by Fredericksburg Area HIV/AIDS Support Services (FAHASS) and Northern Virginia Family Service (NVFS)
Short-Term Rent, Mortgage, and Utilities Assistance
Two organizations provide up to 21 weeks of assistance with rent, mortgage or utilities costs to current tenants or home owners with mortgages:
Wesley Housing Development, Corp. offers supportive services to their residents.