Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Northern Virginia faces an unacceptably high number of crashes that result in pedestrian injuries and deaths: 615 injured and 30 fatalities in 2018 and on track for similar crashes in 2019. NVRC is hosting a walking safety summit to teach walkability leadership skills and move the region towards zero traffic deaths. The event will take place on Tuesday, June 4 at NVRC offices, 3040 Williams Drive, Suite 200, Fairfax, VA from 9AM to 4PM.
The Safe Walking Summit is for local / state staff, safety, or community advocates concerned about walkability. Learn from America Walks, local staff, Virginia DOT, and DMV on tools and initiatives that improve walking and reduce crashes. Together we’ll commit to and identify action items. The summit is sponsored by Share Va Roads through a federal highway safety grant from Virginia DMV.
Space is limited. To register visit our Share VA Roads web site.
· Walkability presentations from America Walks, Virginia VDOT, and DMV Highway Safety Office on tools and initiatives to increase walking safety.
· Learn how to organize and lead a walkability audit.
· Perform a walkability audit around the meeting site
· Tabletop exercises to solve challenging specific problem areas provided by local governments throughout the region.
· Roundtable and Next Steps